Executive Law § 94 and Legislative Law Article 1-A ("Lobbying Act") created provisions that require mandatory ethics trainings for State officers and employees as well as registered Lobbyists. Ethics laws can be difficult to navigate and the Education Team is committed to providing online and live instructor-led trainings that are created using plain language terms and concepts that:
- are easy to understand;
- provide real world examples;
- emphasize the importance of fostering ethical decision-making;
Training opportunities for October 2023:
• Thursday, October 12, from 1-2:30 p.m.
• Thursday, October 19, from 1-2:30 p.m.
• Thursday, October 26, from 1-2:30 p.m.
The Commission has developed a new online ‘Ethical Standards for Lobbyists and Clients’ training course that is available on the COELIG website. Filers can easily access the online training by clicking on the hyperlink below. Information on how to certify your completion status is available by clicking on 'Additional Information'.